We’re quite familiar with ruggedized camcorders here at Engadget, be they from GoPro or Contour. However, Sony recently entered the extreme video fray with its Action Cam, and we got the chance to do a little POV recording with one. The videos produced were on par with what we’ve seen from the Action Cam’s competition — a nice wide view and decent quality. While we’ve seen other such cams have trouble with color balance, the Sony’s was accurate both indoors and out and it adjusted to transitions from dim to bright environments quickly. And, while the SteadyShot image stabilization tech didn’t eliminate all the shakes in our videos, it did noticeably reduce them. That said, you don’t have to take our word for it, head on past the break and see the results for yourselves.
Amazon tag cloud
- Pctwix.com – HP Q2 2013 financials: $1.1 billion in profits on revenue of 27.6 billion, earnings down 32 percent
- Pctwix.com – Twitter adds two-factor login verification via SMS (video)
- Pctwix.com – Wearable-technology pioneer Thad Starner on how Google Glass could augment our realities and memories
- Pctwix.com – E Ink’s three-pigment Spectra displays update pricing in real time, are destined for supermarket shelves (hands-on)
- Pctwix.com – Pandora gets cozier with Facebook, makes it easier to share listening activities to Timeline