Sony’s NEX-7 may be fast approaching its first birthday, but that doesn’t mean the company’s ready to give up on pushing out updates. The camera’s first new firmware version, 1.01, should be hitting today, bringing with it the ability to disable the Movie Record button to avoid accidental taps (finally!), boosted image quality with a wide-angle lens, improved audio playback and expanded EV bracketing. An option to disable the EVF eye sensor doesn’t appear to be included with this revision, unfortunately. Other updates hitting at the same time include E-mount lens firmware v.01 that’ll enable NEX-5R/NEX-6 Hybrid AF functionality with older lenses, A65/A77 firmware v1.06 and A37/A57 firmware v1.03, both of which deliver the ability to enable/disable the movie record button while also adding a variety of lens compensation options for select Alpha optics. All of these updates should now be live — head over to the source link below for the hook-up.
Amazon tag cloud
- Pctwix.com – Samsung thinks the strangers who take pictures of you could do a better job
- Pctwix.com – Google uses computer vision and machine learning to index your photos
- Pctwix.com – Google Trekker to put the Galapagos Islands on Street View, one tortoise at a time
- Pctwix.com – Latest Chrome beta for Windows and Chrome OS brings richer browser notifications, coming soon to Mac and Linux
- Pctwix.com – Rhapsody announces new iPhone app, redesigned from the ground up