A launch event invitation has already given us a glimpse of the ASUS Padfone 2, but Bloomberg TV India caught up with the firm’s CEO Jerry Chen and snagged a video tour of the device before its October 16th reveal. The second iteration of the Padfone packs a 4.7-inch HD (presumably 720p) screen and 13-megapixel camera, which jives with specs on supposedly leaked packaging. Rather than having to fuss with a cover flap to slide the smartphone into its tablet shell, users will be able to dock the device straight into a lighter and thinner slate component. Other details are scarce, but we’re sure to find out more when the curtain is ceremoniously pulled back next Wednesday. In the meantime, you can forge past the break to see footage of the hybrid starting at the 1:40 mark.
Amazon tag cloud
- Pctwix.com – Twitter reveals ‘Twitter Amplify’ as its video program, signs up MLB and a slew of other partners
- Pctwix.com – Mailbox 1.3 for iOS brings iPad support
- Pctwix.com – Grand Theft Auto 5 collector’s editions priced at $80 and $150, coming September 17
- Pctwix.com – Facebook won’t bring HTC First smartphone to the UK after all
- Pctwix.com – Warrior Web from DARPA aims to boost muscles, reduce fatigue and injury (video)