Senior friendly feature phone maker GreatCall Wireless announced the availability of its first smartphone, the Jitterbug Touch, on Wednesday. Based off of Sprint’s Kyocera Milano, this below entry-level device sports a full slide-out keyboard with large buttons, a 3-inch QVGA 240 x 320 display, 512MB of RAM, a 3.2-megapixel camera, 512MB of internal storage, a pre-loaded 2GB microSD card and a copy of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) — old by most standards, but pretty impressive for a phone aimed at the elderly. Regularly priced at $ 169 off contract, GreatCall is offering the Jitterbug Touch for a thrifty $ 149 for a limited time. While this handset’s specs may not rival that quad-core beast that you’ve been eyeing, it may be ideal for someone looking to cut their teeth in the fast paced world of smartphones.
Amazon tag cloud
- Pctwix.com – Live from Microsoft’s New Generation Xbox event!
- Pctwix.com – Sprint announces three tri-band LTE mobile broadband devices to land by summer
- Pctwix.com – Foursquare for Windows Phone gains Lumia-exclusive AR feature
- Pctwix.com – Sharp launches two new Aquos 4K LCD TVs into the Japanese market
- Pctwix.com – TiVo adds MLB.tv in the US today, nears IPTV launch in Sweden