With shows like Battlestar Galactica, all of the Stargates and even Eureka on ice, where will Syfy go when it runs out of places and/or marginal celebrities to tell ghost stories about? One answer may be a show slated to debut next spring called Defiance, which will depict an Earth populated by humans and aliens alike trying to pick up the pieces after years of war between the two have left the planet in pieces. The twist here is that the show will run along concurrently with a massively multiplayer shooter being developed for the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 from the makers of RIFT that takes place in the same world. The team behind it has been posting content about the making of both sides of the project recently (check out Massively by Joystiq’s coverage for more info), as well as a trailer for the TV show, which you can check out after the break. We’re not sure if this will go over with any more of a splash than Syfy’s usual Saturday night monster-of-the-week flicks, but at least they’re trying. We’ll be keeping an eye out for this one in April one way or another because really what else would we do, watch Revolution?
Amazon tag cloud
- Pctwix.com – Yota introduces Ruby LTE hotspot with e-ink display at CTIA 2013 (hands-on)
- Pctwix.com – NASA funds 3D food printer, pizza is the first item on the menu
- Pctwix.com – Acetrax movie service to close, lights go dim on June 21st
- Pctwix.com – Chrome 27 goes stable with small speed boost, Chromium nabs app launcher on Mac
- Pctwix.com – Nokia brings Lumia 925 for T-Mobile to CTIA 2013, we go hands-on