Canon USA has just released a new firmware update for its professional EOS-1D X camera that expands the capabilities of its autofocus point illumination. It will now support AI Servo AF as well as cross-type AF at apertures as small as f/8. The former is especially welcome in low-light situations like weddings and theatrical performances, while the latter would benefit those who use EF super-telephoto lenses with extenders, like wildlife photographers for example. In fact, you can check out the now-wider range of compatible EF lens/extender combinations at the source. Those interested in the update can download it now for free from Canon’s website.
Amazon tag cloud
- Pctwix.com – SMI, others to use Champions League final as eye-tracking experiment
- Pctwix.com – Foursquare agrees to share check-in data with Gnip, promises it’s anonymous
- Pctwix.com – GRID 2 Mono Edition: buy a £125,000 racing game, get a supercar for free
- Pctwix.com – Chrome OS updated with new panel window and launcher options, other minor improvements
- Pctwix.com – Sony brings 4K RAW to NEX-FS700 camcorder courtesy of IFR5 add-on