If getting long-range WiFi is a perpetual battle, ASUS just started a nuclear war. Its fresh RT-N12HP router carries a pair of (thankfully removable) high-gain, 9dBi antennas and a separate signal amplifier that can jointly boost the range of the router’s 802.11n wireless up to 300 percent versus challengers that reach the same 300Mbps peak speed. Beyond that, the hotspot mostly claims sheer flexibility as its virtue with support for as many as four separate WiFi networks and a fast toggle between pure router, access point and repeater modes. Once ASUS confirms that we can grab the N12HP in specific countries, it’ll likely deliver a good signal from corner to corner in most any home — and invite some Freudian interpretations.
Amazon tag cloud
- Pctwix.com – Hands-on with Xbox One’s new gamepad, ‘impulse triggers’ included
- Pctwix.com – Xbox One pre-order notification is live: here’s where to sign up
- Pctwix.com – Boost Mobile Wallet app and prepaid Visa hands-on
- Pctwix.com – Relive the Xbox One unveiling with this video
- Pctwix.com – Microsoft lands NFL partnership for Xbox One