AllThingsD and CNET are reporting that 30 percent of AMD’s workforce could be laid off, though one of several unnamed sources notes the cuts could be as low as 10 percent. If these reports hold true, this would be the second round of layoffs for AMD within a year’s time. The reductions will reportedly affect the firm’s engineering and sales employees, and may be serious enough to cause a paring back of product lines. The silicon giant could potentially reveal its plans as early as next week, which would coincide with the announcement of its third quarter financial results. With the company expecting a ten percent revenue drop in Q3, it looks like the latest figures will continue the trend of less than ideal results.
Amazon tag cloud
- Pctwix.com – BBC iPlayer for Android adds support for 10-inch tablets, improves user interface
- Pctwix.com – Box acquires Folders technology with its next-gen iOS app in mind
- Pctwix.com – Microsoft details how Xbox One cloud servers will tackle processor-intensive gaming chores
- Pctwix.com – US Cellular getting ready to launch Home Phone service
- Pctwix.com – Chrome 28 beta for Android brings translation bar, fullscreen on tablets