If you’d wanted to watch Aereo’s unique antenna-to-internet TV streaming until today, you had to tune in from an iOS device or Roku box. That’s not a lot of choice for placeshifting, is it? A fresh update to the company’s streaming service has widened the choices considerably for New Yorkers to include all the major browsers on Macs and Windows PCs. As long as you’re using a recent version of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera or Safari, you can catch up on Ion or Telemundo while you’re checking email. About the only restrictions left are the continued lack of Android support and occasional lawsuits from traditionalist broadcasters.
Amazon tag cloud
- Pctwix.com – Report: Yahoo becomes the latest company to place a bid on Hulu
- Pctwix.com – The Vikings head to the UK exclusively via Lovefilm
- Pctwix.com – Editor’s Letter: One more Xbox
- Pctwix.com – Microsoft and Google make amends, will co-develop a YouTube app for Windows Phone
- Pctwix.com – Google’s ‘last step’ in Buzz shutdown: moving all data to Google Drive