The only upgrades available for our puny human hands are gaming controller calluses, but if you’re sporting an i-LIMB digits hand prosthesis, you can now grab a set of improved fingers. Touch Bionics’ “smaller, lighter and more anatomically accurate” appendages are now available worldwide, as well as a new wrist-band unit which houses all the necessary computing power and juice for their function. Best of all, these developments allow more people to adopt the tech than the previous generation, including those with more petite hands or finger amputations closer to the knuckle. We don’t know how much it’ll cost for a fresh set, but we’ll let health agencies and insurance companies deal with that part. With these upgrades and RSL Steeper’s latest offering, it won’t be long before our flesh-based variants are meager in comparison.
Amazon tag cloud
- Pctwix.com – E Ink’s three-pigment Spectra displays update pricing in real time, are destined for supermarket shelves (hands-on)
- Pctwix.com – Pandora gets cozier with Facebook, makes it easier to share listening activities to Timeline
- Pctwix.com – LoJack for Android to be embedded in Samsung Galaxy S4′s firmware
- Pctwix.com – Multiple accounts can use a single Xbox Live subscription on the One
- Pctwix.com – Amazon launches Kindle Worlds publishing platform for fan fiction, will pay royalties to writers and rights holders