Space Shuttles Discovery and Enterprise have already settled into their new homes, and now Endeavour is scheduled to depart for its future abode at the California Science Center on September 17th. Taking to the skies atop a modified Boeing 747, the shuttle will make pit stops in Texas and at Edwards Air Force Base in the Golden State before touching down at Los Angeles International Airport on the 20th. During the journey out west, the Shuttle Carrier Aircraft will buzz certain cities and NASA sites along its flight path at roughly 1,500 feet in altitude. After its voyage, Endeavor will head to the science center on October 13th, but won’t be on display until the end of the month. Yearning to catch a glimpse of the historic vehicle before it reaches its final resting place? Head past the jump for its flight schedule and flyover details.
Amazon tag cloud
- Pctwix.com – Samsung GT-i8800 smartphone makes an appearance running Tizen 2.1
- Pctwix.com – Intel: Haswell will boost laptop battery life by 50 percent
- Pctwix.com – BBC iPlayer for Android adds support for 10-inch tablets, improves user interface
- Pctwix.com – Box acquires Folders technology with its next-gen iOS app in mind
- Pctwix.com – Microsoft details how Xbox One cloud servers will tackle processor-intensive gaming chores