Music making apps for the iPad are ten-a-penny, but when it’s the brainchild of a super-producer like Brian Eno, you have to take notice. Scape is the third of his collaborations with Peter Chilvers after Bloom and Trope, an app that lets you generate ambient music with Eno’s own sounds on a colorful, conceptual interface. Unlike standard beats’n'loops setups, each sound is tied to a series of rules — including the time of day — that ensures the tunes you create never play the same way twice. It’s available from iTunes for $ 5.99 / £3.99, and who knows, maybe in a few years time, Coldplay’ll come calling for your professional expertise.
Amazon tag cloud
- Pctwix.com – Intel: Haswell will boost laptop battery life by 50 percent
- Pctwix.com – BBC iPlayer for Android adds support for 10-inch tablets, improves user interface
- Pctwix.com – Box acquires Folders technology with its next-gen iOS app in mind
- Pctwix.com – Microsoft details how Xbox One cloud servers will tackle processor-intensive gaming chores
- Pctwix.com – US Cellular getting ready to launch Home Phone service