At Google’s developer conference, the company announced that it would soon offer the ability to download delta updates in its Play Store, and we’re starting to see the promise fulfilled before our very eyes. These delta upgrades, which save time and bandwidth when updating larger apps by only downloading the actual changes (rather than the entire program), were spotted earlier by Android Police and verified by our staff. While it may seem like a minor feature, you’ll likely be happy that you don’t have to think twice about updating your graphically-intense games when you’re not within range of a hotspot. Head below for a video showing the delta updates in action.
Amazon tag cloud
- Pctwix.com – Mobile Miscellany: week of May 13th, 2013
- Pctwix.com – Axio returns as Melon, an EEG headband that’ll help you learn to focus
- Pctwix.com – Alt-week 5.16.13: bug eyes, robo-cops and fake flowers
- Pctwix.com – Cast AR hands-on with Jeri Ellsworth at Maker Faire 2013
- Pctwix.com – Dell Project Ophelia USB Android stick to ship in July, priced at $100