Need something today, but can’t bother yourself with a trip to the store? Apparently, there’s going to be an app for that — at least in San Francisco. Local eBay users have started receiving beta invites for eBay Now, an iOS app that will allow shoppers to pick up items from local stores without leaving the house. eBay is offering beta users $ 15 off of their first order and free same-day delivery for their first three. Orders will come with a $ 5 delivery charge once the freebies are used up, forcing users to weigh the value of their time against the frustrations of local parking. The service is only available in San Francisco at the moment, but feel free to hit up the source link below to toss your name in the Beta raffle bucket anyway.
Amazon tag cloud
- Pctwix.com – Researchers able to predict iOS-generated hotspot passwords, takes under a minute
- Pctwix.com – Raspberry Pi gets its own media center kit: £46 for easy XBMC and controller (hands-on)
- Pctwix.com – Evernote Web Clipper’s new Gmail function saves copies of emails and attachments
- Pctwix.com – Tokyoflash intros Kisai Intoxicated watch with a built-in breathalyzer (video)
- Pctwix.com – HTC Butterfly S revealed: 1.9GHz Snapdragon 600 processor, UltraPixel camera sensor