As if George Lucas wasn’t already milking his money-printing franchise for all it’s worth, comes this GPS gem out of Japan. To the (presumed) delight of fanboys everywhere, navigation maker Dinos has inked a licensing deal with Lucasfilm that conjures up an all-out, Star Wars-themed car nav system. From the orchestral theme music at startup to the voice guidance performed by the original Japanese VO actors (Darth Vader and C-3P0 only), the 5-inch LCD mount is pretty much the memorabilia stuff of a grown-up, scifi geek’s wet dream. There’s even a mode selection option to let users pledge their allegiance to either the “Empire” or the “Rebels,” in addition to 20 different custom vehicle indicator icons. Sounds fluffy enough, but the unit also does double duty as a OneSeg TV tuner and can even be used as a standalone set. It’s on sale now for 39,800Yen (US$ 507), but unless you’re living in the Land of the Rising Sun, this import’s just kitsch for kitsch’s sake.
Amazon tag cloud
- Pctwix.com – YouTube’s One Channel becoming the standard next month, cut-off date set for June 5th
- Pctwix.com – The Last of Us will debut ‘play while it downloads’ feature on the PS3
- Pctwix.com – Sony brings Android Open Source Project to Xperia Tablet Z (video)
- Pctwix.com – Google-built media player hits the FCC, reveals only a Hitchhiker’s Guide reference
- Pctwix.com – Yahoo schedules product-related event for May 20th in NYC, Marissa Mayer expected to speak