As much as it’d be interesting to see Windows Phone running on a gold-plated cigar lighter, that’s probably never going to happen. According to the UK’s Financial Times, Nokia has been trying to hive off its luxury Vertu brand for months already, and has finally found a suitor with the right cash / sense ratio. Although still far from a done deal, we’re told that venture capitalist firm Permira is willing to contribute up to $ 265 million to Nokia’s needy coffers — which might sound like a lot, but is mere costume jewelry to a manufacturer that just lost $ 1.7 billion.
Amazon tag cloud
- Pctwix.com – Visteon’s HABIT is a concept infotainment system that puts road trip copilots out of a job (video)
- Pctwix.com – Ask Engadget: can you use an Android tablet as a graphics tablet?
- Pctwix.com – Mobile Miscellany: week of May 13th, 2013
- Pctwix.com – Axio returns as Melon, an EEG headband that’ll help you learn to focus
- Pctwix.com – Alt-week 5.16.13: bug eyes, robo-cops and fake flowers