Ever since Nintendo slashed the price of the 3DS, there’s been plenty of speculation that the gaming giant has been selling the portable console at a loss. The company acknowledged that fact during its fairly disappointing earnings report, stating, “its hardware has been sold below cost because of its significant price cut in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012,” a fact that’s uncharacteristic of the company’s operations. But as with its fairly unfortunate financials, the company plans to turn things around, adding, “Nintendo expects to cease selling it below cost by the middle of the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013.”
Amazon tag cloud
- Pctwix.com – Nintendo partners with Best Buy so you can play unreleased Wii U games in store during E3 (video)
- Pctwix.com – Madden 25 Anniversary Edition includes NFL Sunday Ticket, exclusive to Amazon
- Pctwix.com – Visteon’s HABIT is a concept infotainment system that puts road trip copilots out of a job (video)
- Pctwix.com – Ask Engadget: can you use an Android tablet as a graphics tablet?
- Pctwix.com – Mobile Miscellany: week of May 13th, 2013