While we’re probably more accustomed to Google buying assets than selling them ’round here, every now and again the search giant does shed some skin. El Goog’s 3D modeling platform, SketchUp, is to be sold to Trimble Navigation for an undisclosed sum reports Reuters. Trimble says it’s hoping to use the acquisition to enhance its office-to-field platform. The two firms will also work together to develop SketchUp’s online repository of 3D models for designers to use, share and contribute to. SketchUp’s blog reassures users that the free version won’t change under the move. The deal should get the final nod in Q2 this year.
Amazon tag cloud
- Pctwix.com – Yahoo schedules product-related event for May 20th in NYC, Marissa Mayer expected to speak
- Pctwix.com – LG Nexus 4 shows up in white at Google I/O (hands-on)
- Pctwix.com – Amtrak boosts WiFi on select trains, more upgrades coming this summer
- Pctwix.com – Editor’s Letter: When it rains, it pours
- Pctwix.com – Engadget Podcast 344: Google I/O edition – 05.17.13