Google’s been spending some quality time with its Maps offering of late. Most recently, it overhauled the 3D buildings and landmarks to make them, well, better. This time, its Maps’ juiced up sibling MapsGL that’s been feeling the paternal love. The WebGL-based 3D renderings have been given parallax perspective, making your virtual aerial tours all the more realistic. As you glide over the landscape, your view of the building changes accordingly, more like in real life. Or you could just take the lazy tourism one step further. Hit the source for examples.
Amazon tag cloud
- Pctwix.com – The Last of Us will debut ‘play while it downloads’ feature on the PS3
- Pctwix.com – Sony brings Android Open Source Project to Xperia Tablet Z (video)
- Pctwix.com – Google-built media player hits the FCC, reveals only a Hitchhiker’s Guide reference
- Pctwix.com – Yahoo schedules product-related event for May 20th in NYC, Marissa Mayer expected to speak
- Pctwix.com – LG Nexus 4 shows up in white at Google I/O (hands-on)